History of JAVA
- It is a set of software that developed by Gosling in Sun Microsystems later acquired by Oracle.
- Gosling attempted to modify and extend C++ but soon he created a new language, which was called Oak, after the tree that stood outside the office and the project named as Green Project.
- Highly interactive devices are built by the company and get the proposal for set-top box, which changed their target and this lead to a generation of new language.
- In 1994, Sun Microsystems renamed to JAVA because Trademark research revealed that Oak is used by Oak technology.
- In 1995 the First Version of Java 1.0 was released, which guarantee “Write Once, Run Anywhere” that means write the code once and can be Run at different platform.
Working of this Programming Language
- It is a programming language which converts code into Byte code with the help of Java Virtual Machine(JVM).
- It’s platform has different programs, and each program provides different capabilities for example JDK (Java development kit) have Java compiler which convert Java code into bytecode.
- The Java Runtime Environment (JRE), with a just-in-time (JIT) compiler, converts bytecode into machine code.
- Java Software Development Kit (SDK) = Java compiler + Java Runtime Environment(JRE)
- Desktop Use
- Mobile Device
- Web server and enterprise use
- Object Oriented − In Java, everything is an Object. It is not fully Object Oriented because it supports Primitive Datatype i.e. Int, byte, long etc. First object-oriented programming language is Simula.
- Platform Independent – It is portable as it can be run over all operating system.
- Simple − Design of this language is so simple and easy to understand.
- Secure − It is free from unauthorised access and Virus Free Secured systems. Java Authentications use Public key encryption Systems.
- Architecture-neutral – This software development language is architectural neutral as it compiled the code with the help of object file format to make the code executable on different processors.
- Portable − It can run over different Os, hence portable.
- Robust − It automatically Elli mate the error Prone situations on compile time and run time.
- Multithreaded −It is multithreaded because written programs can perform many tasks and this create interactive applications with smooth running.
- Interpreted – The byte code of this programming language doesn’t store anywhere. The rapid and analytical development process as the linking is an incremental and light-weight process.
- High Performance − It is high performance with the use of JIT.
- Dynamic − C or C++ is less dynamic than JAVA, whereas Servlet is more dynamic than Java.
10 Clear-cut Differences between Core Java and Advanced Java
- Core is the basic of Java programming technology concept whereas Advance is next advance Level of Java programming.
- Core is used to make general Java application whereas Advanced used to make online applications.
- Core comprises the Single Tier Architecture whereas Advanced is high level Java programming comprises with two Tier Architecture i.e. Client and Server.
- Core is used for developing general Java Desktop application (example system s/w) whereas Advanced is used for developing the web-based application and enterprise application (example irctc.com).
- The Core covers OOPS Concepts, Wrapper Classes, Special Operators, Data types, exception Handling, Stack, Linked List, Queue, Array List whereas Advanced programming covers the Swings, Socket Programming, AWT, Thread Concepts as well as the Collection objects and classes.
- The Core comprises util, lang, awt, io and net packages and started with ‘Java.lang’ whereas in “Advanced” is nothing but specialization in domains such as web, networking, data base handling and most of the packages in Advanced Java are always start with ‘Javax.servlet.’
- In Core we don’t have any solutions for dynamic process whereas in Advanced has complete solution for dynamic processes which has many frameworks design patterns servers mainly in JSP.
- Core means “stand -alone” Java application whereas Advanced means Java application that run on servers means these are the web application.
- Advanced is specialization in some domain, as someone in networking, web, DCOM, or data base handling.
- Core is sorted in three sorts:
- J2SE (Java 2 Platform Standard Edition)
- J2ME (Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition)
- J2EE (Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition)
- Basically, J2EE is focused on enterprise development and deployment. It contains API for EJB, Servlet, JSP. J2ME is the micro edition used to write applications for handheld devices such as phones or PDA. J2SE is the standard edition which contains classes that provide the basic foundations.
- Java (with a capital J) is a platform for application development. A platform is a loosely defined computer industry buzzword that typically means some combination of hardware and system software that will mostly run all the same software. For example, PowerMacs running Mac OS9.2 would be one platform.
- Core is totally based on conceptual and Advance is practice based language.
It is language which is a boon to the Developing technologies. It plays a vital role in creation of webpages, desktop and mobile applications. It is more dynamic, Error Resistant, easy to understand and simple. It is platform Independent, high-level, object-oriented language.
If you want to learn in-depth concepts and implement them practically, then join one of the best Java Training Institute in Delhi, ADMEC Multimedia Institute. Take a trial session of core java courses Rohini to get proper analysis in a best way about your technology and its bright future! For more information about our advanced java course, get in touch with our counselor at 9811-81-81-22.